Sunday, September 20, 2009

PieceØ - Banzai Skateboards Shirt

Well, this isn't officially my first piece because I started it before I got the idea, but I'm itchin to fill up this space. So here it is, my Banzai Skateboards shirt. Banzai Skateboards was a skateboard company in the 70s that designed my current skateboard. It's an all-aluminum shortboard and it rides like a champ still after thirty years.

So I decided to make this shirt. Quite a larger undertaking than I usually attempt...which is why I shouldn't have been surprised when it came out kind of crappy. Lots of overspray, the sun stencil was defective in places... But, live and learn, right? I now have easy-tack to hold the stencils down and I'm going to try and make the move from spraypaint to fabric paints. Easier to control and less messy I hope.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments:

Post a Comment