Friday, November 6, 2009

To Download or Not To Download?

Recently, I have been playing the crap out of the song Bend It Like Bender by Devin Townsend. And as I've posted before, Devin Townsend's new album Addicted is coming out on November 17. But it's already out via a torrent release. It's been confirmed that this is the real thing too; probably a promotional copy.

I've pre-ordered my copy of the album (along with a badass shirt and poster), and I just received an email saying that it will be shipped shortly. To download or not to download? That is the question. Can I wait that long? Or will my seemingly unnatural and borderline psychotic obsession take a hold of me? I think the answer is yes. Er, to the waiting question. <_<  And this is for pure quality reasons.

Devin Townsend is a god in the studio. Whatever is on this CD is going to be of the highest quality and quite layered, I am sure. So the CD will nearly guarantee a better listening experience than any torrent release. Unless it's FLAC or OGG. Also, I've never physically owned and listened to a Devin Townsend album. So I won't have to worry about re-downloading a copy or something if I have a computer crash.

Either way, this album is going to be great and I can't can wait. Be sure to watch for a review of that album as soon as I get it and listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment